I am officially 39 weeks pregnant and pretty sure I have packed and repacked my hospital bag at least 10 times in the past 4 months… with Miles being weeks early, I assumed Jasper would be as well and rushed to get everything ready in case I went into labor early again. Well, jokes on me… we have reached 39 weeks and looks like we will be making it to our scheduled c-section date of July 5th (39 weeks + 3 days). I at least can say I was prepared this time around, haha! With that being said, let’s take a look at what’s inside our hospital bags!
a peek in mama’s hospital bag:
- Hospital Bag: I am using both of my Lily Jade Caroline Bags [Old English, Natural & Gold for me, and the Black & Gold for baby] because they have so much space!
- Travel Size Bottles: I got these travel-sized bottles from Target for my shampoo, conditioner and body wash just because I am not a fan of hospital soaps, iykyk.
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste: I got a pack of 2 from Target for my boyfriend and I, and a travel-size toothpaste just because we have a certain preference for toothpaste brands.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks: this product has been my bff throughout pregnancy and I will be continuing to use it for the first couple months postpartum to help reduce appearance of any stretch marks that may appear (so far I got lucky and have none, but just to be safe)
- Slippers and Socks: I am that person that loves to wear socks, so I packed two pairs and a pair of cozy slipper socks. I also will be packing my UGG slippers for walking and going home.
- Nursing Bras: I got the Auden Seamless Sleep Bra’s in a pack of 2 from Target and have been obsessed with them, they are so soft and they fit + hold my pump effortlessly.
- PJ’s/Loungewear: With having another c-section, I wanted to pack the coziest, loose-fitting clothes possible which happen to be my bamboo set from Cozy Earth (use my code: OXMXL40 for 40% off their website) and the real soft loungwear collection from Aerie.
- Robe: I got the womens robe in Sienna from Goumi and it is hands down the most cozy and cute robe on the market. This brand has the best organic, neutral clothing for mamas and kids. I even packed Jasper an outfit from them to match my robe. (Use my code: OXZONNA for $ off their website)
- Wallet: This is essential, you do not want to forget you (and especially your partners’) ID’s, insurance card(s), and some cash for parking/vending machines, etc.
- Misc.: Deodorant, Scrunchies, Hand Sanitizer, Book, Laptop, iPad, LONG Chargers, Chapstick
- Pillow and Blanket: pretty much every mama suggested to me to pack my own pillow and blanket for the sake of my comfort, so I got a sherpa blanket from Target just for the hospital.
- Postpartum Underwear: I absolutely swear by Depend Silhouette Incontinence and Postpartum Underwear, they’re basically adult diapers but they are so much more comfortable than those hospital pads and mesh panties. I lived in these throughout postpartum after I had Miles. These are a must have!
a peek in baby’s hospital bag:
- 4 Outfits: I packed 2 different sizes (newborn and 0-3). For outfit #1, I went with this adorable romper from Goumi to match my robe (use code: OXZONNA); #2 is a short sleeve-onsie and long pants; #3 a tank-top onesie with long pants and #4 is his going-home/picture outfit.
- 3 Socks: I am pretty extra so I packed a normal pair, fuzzy pair, and a pair with a pattern to match each outfit.
- 3 Bibs: Not neccessary, but again, I am extra and they complete his outfits lol.
- Mittens: My first wasn’t a scratcher, but it is nice to pack these just in case!
- Booties: Not neccessary, but like I stated many times above, I am a bit extra. And we pretty much got every pair Goumi offers.
- Blanket: The hospital provides them but we wanted to bring a special one for him for comfort.
- Pacifier: If you decide to use them, I packed two different kinds in case he doesn’t take to one.
- Bottle: Again, not necessary, but I am eager to try this bottle we got from Boon!
- Carseat: 100% need. You will not be allowed to leave the hospital with baby until one of their staff checks and sees that the carseat is secure and installed properly! We got the Graco SnugFit 35 Infant Car Seat in the color Gotham.
- Feeding Support Pillow: I got this moon shaped one from Snuggle Me Organic and know this will be so helpful after my c-section with feeding and holding him in general.
a peek inside my numa happy mama kit:
For those of you who never heard of Numa, they create kits that support the well-being of new mamas on their journey to postpartum recovery. I will be sharing a more in-depth blog post about the kit I received, as well as a promo code for yall in the next two weeks after I get to actually try out all the products for myself! So be sure to subscribe to my newsletter to get all the deets!
- numa nursing tank top
- numa undies (2 pairs)
- numa peri bottle
- maxi pads
- witch hazel pads
- stool softener
- nipple cream
- numa headband
- numa water bottle
- future toy holder
- numa guidebook
- numa giftcard
Goumi (organic, neutral children/womans clothing): OXZONNA
Cozy Earth (bamboo loungewear, pj’s, bedding, etc): OXMXL40
LaVie Mom (breastfeeding essentials): OXZONNA15
Numa (postpartum recovery kit): coming soon