Looking for an simple, yet cute treat to make for your littles (or yourself) this Easter? Look no further, all you need for this recipe is a can of cinnamon roll dough! But if you want to add a little more work I also included how to make your own cinnamon rolls and icing in the printable.
how to make cinnabunnies:
– Preheat the oven according to the directions on the package, for me it was 400ºF. Separate and unroll the cinnamon rolls so you can start to form the bunny.
– Use your hands and pull the outer end out and up into one bunny ear and then another (ultimately shape the dough into an M). Press down between the two bunny ears and in on the outside to secure them to the round part of the cinnamon roll. (Check out my reel for a video tutorial!)
– Transfer to baking sheet and bake accordingly.
– Once the timer goes off, remove the cinnabunnies from the oven and drizzle the icing on them while they are still warm. Then, garnish (I think that’s the term? lol) with your festive sprinkles if you heart desires to.
– Lastly, enjoy! If you make this recipe let me know what you and/or your little ones think in the comment section.
Did someone say breakfast? We’re all ears! The easiest and most adorable easter breakfast or brunch, that is toddler approved.
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of butter salted or unsalted
- 3 1/4 cups of flour
- 1/4 white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 package active quick rise yeast
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 4 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk or heavy cream
Cinnamon Roll Dough:
- If youre using a store bought can, unroll 2 rolls in lieu of the next step. If you are making them from scratch, roll the dough in a rectangle and cut into 2/3 and 1/3. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top.
- Cut into strips, roll and seal (pinching your fingers with water) the larger side into a roll.
- Cut the smaller portion into strips folding each side to meet the middle. Seal by pinching with water. Do the same to adhere both pieces together creating bunnies.
- Cover rolls in 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Mix icing invredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over rolls.
How to make cinnamon roll dough (skip if using store bought):
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk and butter. Stir until melted and then remove from heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour, sugar and salt. Slowly add the yeast and lukewarm milk mixture. Add egg and mix.
3. Gradually add in 1 cup of flour while kneading (by hand or with mixer) until dough forms a ball and pulls away from edges of the bowl.
4. Let dough rest for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
How to make cinnabunnies:
more from the blog
I’ve connected with some amazing peeps to share some Easter treats! Pies, cookies, rice krispies & more! Head to each of their blogs to see what they made🌸🐣🧁
Lexie– Strawberry Cupcake Easter Treats
Lori- Cute DIY Easter Treats Gift Idea
leave a comment